Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Life of Pi

I am currently struggling through Life of Pi by Yann Martel. This is the same author who has been sending our Prime Minister Steve-o novels to...shape his mind?

Cuz Amy gave me the novel in early July when I was in Halifax for Mike's wedding. I started on it during mental breaks from my Masters courses.

The first 150 pages were torturous. I was waiting for the action aka on the boat with the animals to start.

I am now at the point in the story where Pi has built a raft and playing a waiting game with the tiger. It is a better read now......!

2 comments:

nadinebc said...

I hated this book. Hated it. And I am pretty sure I read a short story in high school with the same ending. Good luck with it.

John Mutford said...

Unlike Nadine, I really liked this book. Oh well, to each her own, I guess. I hope you post some final thoughts as well!